Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal is the longest and one of the most diverse treks in the world. Walking the distance of 128miles through four districts (Lamjung, Manang, Mustang and Myagdi) and two zones (Dhaulagiri an Gandaki) allows you to encircle the Annapurna massif along with amazing views of mountains -Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Langtang Himal, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre, Gangapurna, and Tilicho Peak
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Snow & Ice
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
Annapurna Circuit Trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal is the longest and one of the most diverse treks in the world. Walking the distance of 128miles through four districts (Lamjung, Manang, Mustang and Myagdi) and two zones (Dhaulagiri an Gandaki) allows you to encircle Annapurna massif along with Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Langtang Himal, Manaslu, Machhapuchhre, Gangapurna, and Tilicho Peak.
However, The Annapurna Circuit trekking route isn’t just perfect for the dramatic views of lofty mountains but is also the best in terms of the diversity in climate (Tropic-600m to Arctic-5,416m), altitude (deepest gorge to the high pass – 5,400m), landscape (tropical forest featuring rare species of plants and animals, terminal moraine, snow line and barren land), trail (steep, narrow, icy, windy and dusty) religion (Hinduism, Buddhism, Bonpo and Tibetan Buddhism), pristine little settlements (Thini, Lurpa, and Nargon) and culturally prosperous tribal groups (Gurung, Thakali and Manangi); their culture, tradition, festival, food, dance and dialect.
Some of the major highlights of this trek around Annapurna are two river valleys (Gandaki & Marshyangdi), Thorung La pass (5,400m), Hindu and Buddhist holy site (Muktinath Temple), amazing fire-flame produced by natural gas from soil, water and rock (Jwala Mai Temple) and one of the oldest monasteries in the Annapurna region (Braga). In terms of Trekking, the Annapurna circuit is another superb opportunity to enjoy two contradictory baths – one is a sacred bath in water pouring through 108 bull-faced taps and a dip in chilling water in the Kunds (Saraswati and Laxmi) in the premises of Muktinath and the other one is a muscle relaxing bath in hot springs (Chame and Tatopani) en route.
You can also enjoy the early morning sunrise views in the Himalayas (from Poon Hill). An Annapurna circuit trekking map will also be provided for the convenience of trekkers to navigate these places. This ciruit Annapurna trek will definitely prove to be one of the rarest and special adventure experiences in your life.
FREE equipment hire on all Nepal holidays!
Already booked on this holiday? Or looking to book on one of our departures in 2017 or 2018? ALL travellers will benefit from free hire of a sleeping bag, duffel bag and down jacket worth £110 – when reserved before your departure date.
Book NOW, save money and help support a country we love. View offer details
Join us on the Annapurna Circuit Trek
- Our Annapurna Circuit Trek includes a night spent in the beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara
- Our Team in Nepal have been guiding around Annapurna since 2001.
- Climb over the challenging Thorang La Pass (5,416m)
- You stay in comfortable lodges (or “Tea Houses”) rather than camping & the fantastic Apsara Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu
- We take special care of our porters & guides. They are probably the best equipped in Nepal.
- Your kit bag is carried for you, so you only need carry a day pack
- Prices include all permits
- You can take advantage of our free duffel bag, down jacket and sleeping bag for the trek.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is suitable for keen walkers/trekkers who are able to walk for 4 – 5 hours in a day, with a light rucksack.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. However you can also view our Recommended Equipment for this trip »
Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
- Airport pick up and drop off by private vehicle
- 3 Nights accommodation at the Apsara Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 1 Night accommodation in Pokhara
- One full day guided city tour by private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurant with traditional ethnic music and dance
- Annapurna trekking permits (ACAP) and Tims permits
- Bus transportation to Besisahar (Public bus) and return from Pokhara to Kathmandu (By Tourist couch)
- Breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- 3 hot showers at high altitude
- All meals (Lunch/Dinner/Breakfast) during the trek
- Accommodation on a trek (Lodge/Tea House) or Tent on request
- Seasonal fresh fruit after dinner
- Gov. licensed and well trained English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- A porter (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local tax and Gov tax
- Down jackets , duffel bag and sleeping bag
- International flights to Kathmandu
- Nepal arrival Visa
- Meals in the city except breakfast and other mentioned special dinner
- Personal expenses including mineral water, and alcoholic drinks and beverages
- Monument entrance fees
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter evacuation
- Any other extended trips and accommodation
Accommodation in Kathmandu is at the Apsara Boutique Hotel. This friendly and very spacious hotel lies in the center of trekking city aka Thamel! There is a relaxing spa attached to the hotel to unwind and relax and is perfect for a post trek massage
Along the trek you will stay in comfortable lodges and Tea houses. These do change depending on the time of year you visit but all are on a twin sharing basis unless stated.