Ultimate Everest Base Camp with Island Peak Expedition
Ultimate Everest Base Camp with Island Peak Expedition is the complete experience in the Everest region for Trekkers looking to climb a Himalayan peak. First to not only conquer Island Peak at 6189m but also reach the historic Everest Base Camp (5364m) whilst also heading over 2 of the high passes of Cho La (5,420m) and Kongma La (5,535m) along with the hike to Kala Patthar (5,545m).
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Snow & Ice
Activity Level Ultimate
Group Size Small Group
High in the Khumbu region of Nepal, close to Everest and closer still to the steep south face of Lhotse, the aptly named Island Peak (6189m) rises above the of glaciated valleys below. With its outrageous location and elegant summit ridge, this peak has been a favourite with our guides, leaders and clients for 2 decades. Trekking via Namche Bazaar we follow the route to Everest Base Camp via the Gokyo valley and Cho La Pass and into Lobuche beside the Khumbu glacier. As part of our acclimatisation programme we visit Everest Base Camp and make an ascent of the classic viewpoint of Kala Pattar, where we enjoy some of the finest views of the world’s highest peak. Then crossing the Khumbu Glacier, we climb up to the Kongma La which gives access to the valley of the Imja Khola and the summer grazing settlement of Chukung. From here we move up to the base camp for our main objective, Island Peak. The ascent of this 6000 metre peak in the shadow of the huge Lhotse face is an ‘alpine experience’ in every sense, involving fine climbing in exposed situations amongst breathtaking scenery. This is one of the best of all Nepalese adventures.
This itinerary combines the classic Everest Base Camp trek, with climbing one of Nepal’s trekking peaks whilst also climbing 2 of the high passes of the Khumbu region. After visiting Everest Base Camp and walking up Kala Pattar we head to Island Peak Base Camp in the next valley. Our trip includes three days to climb Island Peak which includes an extra time in case the weather does not co-operate or if you require extra time for acclimatisation.
FREE equipment hire on all Nepal holidays!
Already booked on this holiday? Or looking to book on one of our departures in 2017 or 2018? ALL travellers will benefit from free hire of a sleeping bag, duffel bag and down jacket worth £110 – when reserved before your departure date.
Book NOW, save money and help support a country we love. View offer details
Join us on the Ultimate Everest Base Camp with Island Peak Expedition
- A unique trip designed by EverTrek as no one else offers this itinerary. This circuit combines our 2 favourite trips. It may not be on your Bucket List but it should be.
- Climb a Himalayan Peak reaching altitude of over 6000m with spine tingling views.
- We not only reach Everest Base Camp but traverse 2 of the high passes, Cho La Pass and Kongma La Pass.
- Our Team in Nepal have been guiding to Island Peak and Everest since 2001. In the spring season, you can meet climbers at base camp.
- You stay in comfortable lodges (or “Tea Houses”) on the trek and looked after by our finest cooks whilst camping
- We take special care of our porters & guides. They are probably the best equipped in Nepal.
- Your kit bag is carried for you, so you only need carry a day pack
- Prices include all permits
- You can take advantage of our free duffel bag, down jacket and sleeping bag for the trek.
The Ultimate Everest Base Camp with Island Peak Expedition with 2 high passes is a tough and arduous trek and climb. It is meant to be challenging. You must be a fit, regular hillwalker to take part, used to long, consecutive days walking in the British Mountains, preferably in Winter. You should have experience of walking steep, boulder-strewn paths where the use of hands has been essential to scramble upwards over rocky steps. Previous experience of Himalayan trekking is preferable, but not essential as long as you are a very regular and committed hill-walker. As this route takes you over remote high passes and a Himalayan peak, experience of having been to 5000-metres before is ideal.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. However you can also view our Recommended Equipment for this trip »
Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
Airport Pick-up and Drop-off service in a private vehicle
- 3 nights accommodation in the excellent Aspara Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Full day guided city tour in a private vehicle
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurants with traditional, ethnic music and dance
- Airport transfer for domestic flight
- Trekking permit and TIMS permit
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek/climb
- All accommodation whilst on trek/climb (Lodge/Tea house/tent)
- Fresh fruit after dinner
- 3 days on camp during the climbing
- One experienced Climbing guide for climbing section & One trekking guide for trekking Section
- Everest National Park Permit/ trekking & TIMS Card
- Island Peak Special Climbing Permit
- Porters (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local and government taxes
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- Duffel bag if required
- International flight to Kathmandu
Nepal arrival visa
Meals in the city except breakfast and other mentioned special dinner
Personal expenses including mineral water, and alcoholic drinks and beverages
- Climbing gear (Climbing rope, ice axe, ice crew and snow bar) We will help you to hire or buy these before or in Kathmandu)
Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter evacuation
Monument entrance fees
Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter evacuation
Any other extended trips and accommodation
Accommodation in Kathmandu is at the Apsara Boutique Hotel. This friendly and very spacious hotel lies in the center of trekking city aka Thamel! There is a relaxing spa attached to the hotel to unwind and relax and is perfect for a post trek massage
Along the trek you will stay in comfortable lodges and Tea houses. These do change depending on the time of year you visit but all are on a twin sharing basis unless stated.