Lobuche Peak Expedition
Lobuche Peak positioned just above the Lobuche village in the Khumbu region of Nepal is a very popular climbing peak. Lobuche Peak has two different summits: Lobuche East (6,119m) and Lobuche West (6,145m)
- Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
- Vacation Style Holiday Type
- Snow & Ice
- Activity Level Challenging
- Group Size Small Group
Lobuche Peak is positioned just above the Lobuche village in the Khumbu region of Nepal is a very popular climbing peak. Lobuche Peak has two different summits: Lobuche East (6,119m) and Lobuche West (6,145m). The two summits are connected by a continuous ridge. Lobuche East was first climbed by Ang Gyalzen Sherpa and Laurence Neilson in 1984. The peak is approached from the south ridge. The summit presents the breathtaking view of the Khumbu Valley, glaciers and most importantly the amazing views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and Pumori. A Peak permit is required to climb the Lobuche east, whereas an expedition permit is required to climb the Lobuche west. 6,119m is the maximum altitude achieved during this climb.
Lobuche Peak climbing itinerary starts with a flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. Following the Everest base camp trail, we hike up to the village of Lobuche. From Lobuche we head towards the peak and attempt the summit climb. We then use the same trail to hike down to Lukla and catch a flight to Kathmandu. If you choose our 16 days Lobuche Peak climbing package (standard package), food is inclusive on 3 meals, tea/coffee (twice a day) and a tent is provided on the climb, with accomodation being with bed and breakfast in a deluxe hotel before and after the trek. A guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu is also included.
However, if you have something else in mind and would like to tag on the Everest Base Camp TREK then we can help you by customizing the package to your requirements and budget. Moreover, we guarantee flat rates and discounts on group bookings.
Most Importantly, it’s very necessary for any climber to plan the climb at the right time of the year. We suggest you climb Lobuche peak in Spring (April & May) and Autumn (October & November), as these seasons are very supportive in terms of temperature, weather, trail and visibility. Alternatively, Lobuche Peak (East) climbing requires knowledge regarding technical climbing (which can be provided and organised in Kathmandu on special request), high level of physical fitness, sound health and strong mental determination to reach the summit. Be prepared, Be successful!
Climbing Lobuche Peak isn’t just going to stun you with the grand view of mountains, but also the landscape of the Khumbu region, birds, animals, and vegetation inside the Sagarmatha National Park. The pristine settlements, culture, religious and agricultural practices and the hospitality of legendary Sherpas. Enjoy!
FREE equipment hire on all Nepal holidays!
Already booked on this holiday? Or looking to book on one of our departures in 2017 or 2018? ALL travellers will benefit from free hire of a sleeping bag, duffel bag and down jacket worth £110 – when reserved before your departure date.
Book NOW, save money and help support a country we love. View offer details
Join us on the Lobuche Peak Expedition
- Climb a Himalayan Peak reaching altitude of over 6000m with spine tingling views.
- Our Team in Nepal have been guiding to Island Peak since 2001.
- You stay in comfortable lodges (or “Tea Houses”) on the trek and looked after by our finest cooks whilst camping
- We take special care of our porters & guides. They are probably the best equipped in Nepal.
- Your kit bag is carried for you, so you only need carry a day pack
- Prices include all permits
- You can take advantage of our free duffel bag, down jacket and sleeping bag for the trek.
The Lobuche Peak Expedition is a tough trek and climb. It is meant to be challenging. You must be a fit, regular hillwalker to take part, used to long, consecutive days walking in the British Mountains, preferably in Winter. You should have experience of walking steep, boulder-strewn paths where the use of hands has been essential to scramble upwards over rocky steps. Previous experience of Himalayan trekking is preferable, but not essential as long as you are a very regular and committed hill-walker. As this route takes you over remote high passes and a Himalayan peak, experience of having been to 5000-metres before is ideal.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. However you can also view our Recommended Equipment for this trip »
Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
Airport Pick-up and Drop-off service in a private vehicle
- 3 nights accommodation in the excellent Aspara Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Full day guided city tour in a private vehicle
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurants with traditional, ethnic music and dance
- Airport transfer for domestic flight
- Trekking permit and TIMS permit
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek/climb
- All accommodation whilst on trek/climb (Lodge/Tea house/tent)
- Fresh fruit after dinner
- 3 days on camp during the climbing
- One experienced Climbing guide for climbing section & One trekking guide for trekking Section
- Everest National Park Permit/ trekking & TIMS Card
- Lobuche Peak Special Climbing Permit
- Porters (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local and government taxes
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- Duffel bag if required
- International flight to Kathmandu
Nepal arrival visa
Meals in the city except breakfast and other mentioned special dinner
Personal expenses including mineral water, and alcoholic drinks and beverages
- Climbing gear (Climbing rope, ice axe, ice crew and snow bar) We will help you to hire or buy these before or in Kathmandu)
Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter evacuation
Monument entrance fees
Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter evacuation
Any other extended trips and accommodation
Accommodation in Kathmandu is at the Apsara Boutique Hotel. This friendly and very spacious hotel lies in the center of trekking city aka Thamel! There is a relaxing spa attached to the hotel to unwind and relax and is perfect for a post trek massage
Along the trek you will stay in comfortable lodges and Tea houses. These do change depending on the time of year you visit but all are on a twin sharing basis unless stated.